Passwords

 

Password Awareness

P@sswords

Like many people my age, we have seen the creation of a variety of devices that able you to access a treasure trove of material that many don't want others to know what they are looking at, "accidently" clicked on, and not to mention those who want to purposely hide things. Ta-da! The ability to add passwords was implemented.
Technology evolved and we all used the basic passwords that included your mom's maiden name, your goofy nickname, or where you were born. Fast-Forward to Now:

Characteristics of strong passwords
  • At least 8 characters—the more characters, the better.
  • A mixture of both uppercase and lowercase letters.
  • A mixture of letters and numbers.
  • Inclusion of at least one special character, e.g., ! @ # ? ]

Well, I am fucking sick of passwords! I have even used phrases as fuck!ngH@tePsWds or Th!sSucks@2020 because I have no idea what to use anymore. I have even went through the verification of changing it to turn around and try to log in with the new password and it says it doesn't work, and I had written it down. It's ridiculous. 

Working from home has just increased my hatred of passwords. I have multiple accounts, multiple passwords, multi-factor authenticators and it still  needs to be updated regularly. Using my phone as a "trusted" device, I need multiple ways of verification. Heaven forbid you start to forget the trusted devices information because then you can really screw things up. Accounts get removed, which you are unable to verify the one to get to another, what if I lost my phone, how would I authenticate another device?  Some days I go in a loop of trying to log in, inputting password, then need to authenticate, then back to log in screen, to the beginning and I give up or it gets locked for 24-48 hours. 

SO, after this little rant, I just want to say to all those who hack into other peoples information, STOP PLEASE!!! I am running out of phrases and words, I have mom brain, and my patience and tolerance for BS is very thin. I just want to be able to log into my phone or pc, without getting annoyed with passphrases and being authenticated. 


Rant over!!




Works Cited Arntz, P. (2020, March 30). When can we get rid of passwords for good? Retrieved from Malwarebytes Labs: https://blog.malwarebytes.com/awareness/2019/10/when-can-we-get-rid-of-passwords-for-good/

Comments

Popular Posts